Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here I Gooooooooo!

I love a new year. It's like starting life with a clean slate. (now that I think about it, that's available to His Beloved every day... even several times in a day. NICE!)

This morning, upon awakening, the Holy Spirit gave me a scripture for this new year, and I was pretty jazzed. Matthew 6:31 says something like this: don't stress yourself out thinking 'What are we gonna eat?' or 'What are we gonna drink?' or 'What are we gonna wear?' People who don't trust God seek after these things, and your Heavenly Father already knows all that you need. Instead, spend your energy seeking the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, then all those other things will be given to you while you enjoy your life, loving Him!

I love this concept. I LOVE this concept! It's all about Him. It's all about His righteousness, His provision, HIS LOVE. And yet, this has been a constant struggle for me to fulfill this scripture. Why is relying on Jesus so difficult for me?

Celebrate Recovery has a principle that says "Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control." Maybe that's what this year is all about... letting Him bear what I cannot. Exchanging my heavy burden of worry and (illusion of) control for the joy of seeking Him and knowing Him.

I'm in!

2 comments:

  1. That was amazing and so touched my heart and spirit Juls thank you. Will there be more to come I hope. love you much and happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Way to gooooooo") Love this and you tooo!

    ReplyDelete